Hi guys!
I hope some of you keep checking in from time to time. It's Sunday night and I'm already missing you--even though I won't miss working every day. Still, your faces and fun are what make it all worthwhile. It looks like I will be teaching AP Language (our class) and AP Lit (senior English) next year, so I'll have some of you back again!!! I'm really thrilled about that. YES!!! But, of course, that means I'll be working like a maniac trying to prepare to teach a course that is totally new to me. Oh, but don't I love challenges! (and learning all kinds of new "stuff").
In just over a week, I'm off to Europe, so I'll probably be too swamped to write much this week. However, I will tell you all about it when I return. You'll probably be bored with my adventures over the sea by the time I finish (but maybe not). Anyway, have a great summer, and post something now and then to let me know how you're doing.
Much love,
Mrs. N
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi, Mrs. Neaves! It's Beth. I regret to tell you that I won't be in your english class next year because I'll be takeing it at Mt. Veiw Collage. I just got inrolled today! But don't worry I'll still come by your class next year to say hi. Have fun in Europe and take a lot of pictures so I can see them when you get back!
Well the Wednesday we got out for summer I messed up my ankle. I am in summer musical and I had to do a turn in mid air and I only landed on my right ankle. Assuming I had only sprained it, I figured the swelling would go down by itself eventually and I had little to no pain because it was numb. Well the swelling never went down and my foot was turning black so I went to the doctor. If I were to wait one more day they would have had to amputate my foot. I had no circulation in my foot and apparently it was dying on me (that’s why it was numb). They were able to jerk it around and push back circulation back to where it was supposed to be (not the most pleasant feeling). So now it hurts really bad. I didn’t break it or fracture it, thank God, I had stretched everything out and it knotted up including the stuff attached to my bone and muscles. I have a machine that I have to keep on at all times except in the shower that sends mini shocks and it relaxes my muscles and keeps the blood circulating. The doctor estimated it to take 2 months to heal but I had been going to therapy everyday so it can heal faster. Well I surprised the doctors because they thought it would take 2 months and I was able to start light walking and exercises today! Hopefully by Friday I can walk. Which means it only took two and a half weeks. So I am really grateful I was able to keep my foot.
Mrs. Neaves, i totally miss you :)
i hope you have a great time, & take care :)
see you at school!
--nikky
Post a Comment