Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life

I've only been alive for 17 years, but it seems to me that I have learned more since 2008 started then I have my entire, short life. I was so excited about 2008. It brought me this feeling that all the gunk of 2007 was gone and I could make this year right. My whole family was excited about it actually. Then we were hit with my dad's death and I couldn't quite understand. But God's plans aren't are plans. For some reason God wanted him with him and not with us. Right after he died, we went into his hospital room to see him. Everyone was crying and of course I broke down, but this peace over came me. I was suddenly okay and I have been ever since, which is a huge blessing. Right after that it seemed like everything was breaking down or stopped working. When it rains it pours they say. But even through the storm I was able to be strong, hold myself together, and walk away from it all a completely different person. I have learned so much about myself. That's what life is all about. You always grow and discover something about yourself. It is a never ending process. You never stop learning.

No comments: