Monday, May 19, 2008
My Brother
I was going back and reading some of the other people's posts and I saw some about brothers, which made me stop and think of my own. He's in the Army in Afganistan right now and I miss him so much. But what really hurts me is seeing how much my mom and his wife are hurting (his wife is Jessica Brice formerly Jessica Tebes, graduated '07 if any of you know her). Thats why I was so glad to hear of some good news from my mom today, he had been on a mission in Afganistan and we hadn't heard from him in awhile but he finally contacted us and told us what happened. He was there with other soldiers trying to get the Taliban but somehow they found out the American soldiers were coming so they left. When my brother and his unit got there they gave medicine and food to all the local people, and little kids were waving at them and giving thumbs ups (which made him feel really good) but as they were leaving the Taliban attacked, luckily my brother's unit outnumbered and defeated them :) I'm so happy but at the same time SO worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes, I know Jessica--please tell her hi for me. I know a bit about how you worry for your brother. My son-in-law is heading to Iraq this summer. It's scary--especially for my daughter and their twin boys. I pray for all of them every day.......
Post a Comment