Well Crystal, I don't have any brothers, so I can't speak to that issue, but I can tell you that little sisters are sometimes an enormous pain, and at my advanced age, teenage children are sometimes a major challenge. Still, with patience we all survive and teenagers tend to turn in to wonderful adults. Even cranky moms sometimes turn out all right--I feel like every time one of my kids hits 13, I go into a stupid stage (at least in their eyes) and I don't make it out until they are about 18. But, I've survived that twice and I'm on my third (and final) trip through stupidity. It's absolutely amazing how smart my 27-year-old and my 23-year-old think I am. Plus, my grandsons (age 6) think I'm totally wonderful. That's probably because I give them whatever they want, don't have to discipline them, and don't make them eat things they hate. Being a grandmother is absolutely the most fun I've ever had. You get all the good things about kids and you return them when anything troublesome comes up. Anyway, I've rambled on long enough for today. See y'all tomorrow......
Mrs. N
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
mrs.Neaves!!this is traci, and I just wanted to let you know that I just made my own blog, because I didnt want to comment, but you didnt add my email because something was wrong or something?I dont know, but yes I have my own blog!!enjoy!;)
Grandmothers spoil their grandsons. Usually, they please their little descendants in almost every single aspect. Discipline, is not that enforced by them. I remember, when I was in first grade, I used to detest girls with long hair. They were always bragging about it, and for that reason, everytime I had a chance I cut as musch as hair from them as I could so they could be bald. While my grandma laughed, my mother disciplined me harshly. From my mother's harsh discipline, however, I learned to behave. So I wonder, shouldn't grandmas be more strict so that they can actually help their grandchildren develop into well-behaved adults? Should they please grandsons with treats, or teach them with a merit system?
Ruben J.R.
You are smart and wonderful, Mrs. Neaves. xD
Anyways, here is the link to my blog: http://i-kusari.blogspot.com
To Traci,
If you want me to read your blog, you 'll have to put a link to it on one of my comments--otherwise I'll never find it.
mrs. N
Well, actually I think I have to go against the whole "no brother’s thing" because my little brother lives in Denton and I miss Him terribly! The only actual memories that I have are just pictures and when he tackled me and my little cousin on my trampoline. "Good Times." But, I do understand where you are coming from because I’m pretty sure that they can be annoying, and tend to tear your things up. Especially when they are younger! So, you may not like it now, but just thank god for your brother because we “have to love them” right? hehehe
Post a Comment