Monday, May 26, 2008

STATE

Well we left on Friday afternoon, and it was hot as hades outside. Our choir got lucky and we got to ride in the Greyhound bus WITH airconditioning, sorry band. Me and Kayte watched a movie on my Ipod the whole way to Austin. Once we got there Me, Kayte, Maggie and Karen brought our stuff up to our hotel room, and were in awe. The hotel room was awesome, there was a living room, a small kitchen, a huge bathroom and a bedroom. But we didn't stay in there for too long because we were all hungry and decided to walk to Bennigans. Once we came home from eating we all just hung out in the room and watched all the lame TV shows that were on that night. The next morning we got up ate breakfast and were on our way to competition. Unlike the dreary, rainy, humid day we had last year, this year's weather was sunny and hot hot hot. There was hundreds of kids walking around the UT campus and it was nearly impossible for me to figure out where to go. I was nervous like no other before my solo but I had my mom and some choir people their to give me strength. I sang alright but like always i wasn't loud enough, so I got a two on my solo. I was dissappointed but proud at the same time. I wish I had gotten a one but I know I truely did my best and that's all I can ask for.

No comments: