First, to answer Ruben's question--I will be adding more posts--maybe not every day since I do have a life, but most days. Today was a lazy sort of day. I should have graded papers, but I didn't. Instead I went shopping with Kara, bought a few things and began thinking about what I'm going to take on our trip to Europe. In just over two weeks, we'll be heading to London, Paris and Rome. It will be wonderful, I'm sure. I'll take lots of pictures (or get Kara to take pictures) and try to figure out how to post them here on the blog so you can all share in the fun. Hope you're all having a great Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Later,
Mrs. N
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Going to Europe this summer will be more than exciting. The Euro 2008 will start in June 7th, and the euphoria from one of the most important tournaments in the world will spread throughout the continent. While it will be held in Austria, the candidates to win it are Italy, France, or maybe Germany. Other countries such as Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain, are also strong candidates, but their teams are not as concrete as those of Italy or France. Hopefully Italy will win, since it is the country that I support.
RJR
Since today is Memorial Day, I should perhaps write about it. First of all, serving your country in the military is a great merit. Not only are you willing to fight and represent your country, but you are also willing to give your life. When you go to war, it is quite certain that you will die. OF course, many don't die, but there is a high probability. Or maybe not die, but somehow your life will be forever changed, in some way or another. Because of this, if you are going to throw away your life for your country, the soldiers should be honored. Boarding the plane to go to a foreign country to fight is quite an achievement. Not every citizen has the guts to give their life away.
RJR
This weekend, I was reading a book called Der Antichrist, by Friedrich Nietzsche. He, by the way, is quite an interesting person. His works influenced many leaders that radically changed the world, but I would not give examples because my noble admirations will be misunderstood. In his book, he proposes the idea that "pity," instead of helping to create a humane personality, damages life tremendously. To that, I have to say, "How were you enlighten to tell such an axiom?" Pity weakens you; it creates sorrow and sorrow does not make a person stronger, it weakens instead. If you try to help someone, offer help with your full potential and strength, do not offer pity. To grow, pity should be cast away and suffering should be received. I consider myself lucky for reading a work by this author, and will continue to read more about him. His philosophical books are the kind that help the spirit develop, and leave the human behind. After all, a body is just a vessel for the spirit, which is the real identity of someone.
RJR
Post a Comment