Thursday, May 22, 2008

Speakers on Thursday

I hope you all enjoyed the speakers in class today and that you learned some things that will be helpful. I really want to encourage you to aim high--try for the dream schools and see what happens. Colleges really are looking for great kids like you guys, so study hard, get good grades, do well on the SAT and ACT and set some high goals for yourself. You can do it! I am willing to proofread essays, write recommendation letters, whatever I can to help you achieve the goals you have for yourselves.

I'm looking forward to watching your films tomorrow. Sorry about giving a project when everyone else was doing the same thing. I was hoping that this would be something light and fun (and still a learning experience) after all the AP practice we've been doing. So, if you think I shouldn't do this after the AP test next year, please let me know. Any suggestions you have (serious, thoughtful ones anyway) on how to improve the class are greatly appreciated.

Love you guys!
Mrs. N

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was plenty of useful information to learn today. It is inspiring when you talk to people that have gone through an experience that you have to go through in the future. The student, however, could have done better. She was quite brief in her answers, described rarely, and asked us questions like we were kids. Also, she made quite a rude remark regarding AP literature. Either way, the useful information was enough to give us an informational and fun afternoon.

RJR

Anonymous said...

One big thing that is needed for your class to be good next year is to keep it the same as thins year. I've enjoyed your class very much and will miss having you as a teacher.

Anonymous said...

Well, SAT time is coming for me. I signed up to take it on June 6th and I'm excited, but at the same time nervous. It is a really important test; it'll pretty much sets the path to college. If you do well, you have a great chance for many wonderful things. If you do horrible, then you are pretty much screwed up. Althoough you can retake it as many times as you want, if the first time goes horrible, a ghost is going to haunt you for the rest of the times you take it. There'll always be that ghost that will cause you to remember that horiible first time. This is the most important test that I'll be taking this year, hopefully I'll do well.

RJR

Anonymous said...

Well, my third comment on this blog. I wonder if Mrs. Neaves is going to write any new blogs? Well, anyways, I am enjoying my three-day weekend. It is quite rewarding that after such straineous week, with so many projects, I can finally relax. For some reason, the end of years are always quite busy. First, there si preparations for the AP exams. Then, after that, teachers give plenty of assignments in order to have the required amount of grades in the gradebook. Well, I'll continue to enjoy my weekend, and every post, I'm nearer to the beautiful 100 major grade as extrapoints!

RJR