Sounds like most of you had a good weekend. Can't wait to see Adrian's unibrow tomorrow morning. And Ruben's been reading Neitchze (I'm sure I spelled that wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up right now). I've never read any of his works, so maybe I'll have to have a look this summer. I guess I'll also have to try to follow a bit of the European soccer tournament while I'm in Europe next month. I'm still not convinced that it's really an exciting sport, but perhaps I should go to a game with someone who understands what's going on and get them to explain it to me. I'm sure that if I understood some of the finer points of the game, it wouldn't look so much like endless, pointless running up and down a field. There must be more to it than that...... Sorry I missed the Blue and White game, I was "performing" in a variety show at my church. It was really fun, my group was really silly, and we all had a good time. We did a two parody songs on a couple of church hymns. One was called "Master, the Mother is Raging." Here are the lyrics we made up:
Master, the mother is raging
the laundry is piling high
the kitchen's a compost of garbage
there's homicide in her eye.
we polished the floor tiles with Crisco,
Why did it make her cry?
She drove us to grandma's in Frisco,
She'll come for us in July.
She'd like for us all to obey her will
Please, be still.
Scrubbing the marks from the kitchen wall
removing the mud from the carpeted hall,
It's rained for a week,
The sun doesn't shine,
We're all driving mother clean out of her mind!
She'd like for us to obey her will.
Please be still,
Someday we will.
She'd like for us to obey her will
Please, please be still.
It's a parody on a hymn called "Master, The Tempest is Raging" and we had a lot of fun with it.
See y'all tomorrow!
Mrs. N
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha!!!! LOVE it! :) I should've thought of that for our variety show! :)
Wow only 3 more days for me! This is really exciting. Although, it doesn't really feel like the end of the year. I guess it will sink in when I'm on the plane to Europe in just 2 weeks. I can't believe I'm actually going, I've dreamt of going to Europe but to think i'm leaving very soon is unimaginable. I have already started making a packing list and am now going out to buy everything else that I need. I belive I still need 20 items on my list, I hope I get everything in time. But I'm pretty good at time managing so I think I can pull it off.
Ok so I know I just commented but I have another thought. Well, today it rained and I just wanted to say that I dislike rain...ALOT. Not only does it seem to put people in bad moods but it also puts a damper on plans. Instead of going out and having fun, you are conformed to having fun inside and not going out until it's over. I'm not only talking about today but in general. It also seems to rain every time I make plans. It's like the rain knows when I want to go out and have some fun. Yes, I do understand that rain does not have thoughts, but it seems that way sometimes. So to conclude this, I do NOT like rain.
this year has been so wonderful, It has really opened my eyes, and changed the way I see things.SO much has went on tears,fun, laughs, and broken hearts, but it was all worth the experience. You cant put a price on experience, and nothing can quite change the fact that you have 'been there and done that,popped your collar and rocked like a rockstar'....So many memories to put away in the little spot in my mind, inside jokes and laughs that will never be forgotten. I just wanna say thanks to all my buddies, for loving me even on my worst days and that I love you guys so much, without you idk how I woulda survived this year.
Post a Comment